UPCOMING 4-Day NOFA Accreditation Courses:
- Register: November 11-14, TBD, CT
About the course:
An ideal course for landscapers, lawn care professionals, garden caretakers, park and land trust managers, landscape architects, educators, gardeners, and anyone else who is interested in learning how to care for properties without synthetic materials. This 30-hour, 4-day course for land care professionals and environmental educators offers a well-rounded curriculum which covers organic land care principles, practices, design, and maintenance.
With this course, you will be able to implement organic practices in your work projects and will open up your business to a fast-growing market of customers and consumers who understand the benefits of an organically-managed property. At the end of this course, you will earn the trusted credential of being a NOFA Accredited Organic Land Care Professional (AOLCP) which organically–inclined customers in the Northeast have come to view as the gold standard organic landscapers.
Course graduates benefit from:
• The respected AOLCP credential for use with potential clients and employers.
• Use of the NOFA Organic Land Care logo for promotional materials and websites.
• Discounts on other NOFA OLC courses and other affiliates gatherings.
• Networking with a community of highly trained organic professionals who know how to manage organic lawns, gardens, and landscapes.
• Business-level AOLCPs can be found by new clients via NOFA’s Organic Land Care search engine (nofa.organiclandcare.net)
For more information about the Benefits of NOFA Accreditation, click here.
Course Topics & Instructors
The course topics are wide-ranging and include organic lawn and turf care, tree and shrub care, soil science, plant disease, compost and compost tea, stormwater management, and much more. The following links will give an overview of the topics, course pace, and instructors.